Crime Prevention and Safety Education Classes
The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office provides a wide variety of programs in several subject areas. Each class is taught by a JSO employee.
» Bomb-Making Awareness Program
As part of the Department of Homeland Security's Bomb-Making Awareness Program (BMAP), our trained outreach officer helps parents, guardians, and business owners identify behaviors before they escalate into potential bomb-making activities.
» Crime Prevention Programs for Citizens
» Safety Education Programs for School-Aged Children
Public Records and Fees
Local criminal background checks, traffic crash and offense reports, arrest dockets and miscellaneous agency reports are routinely provided through the Public Counter located at the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office Headquarters, 501 E. Bay Street. Our six substations (link to Your Neighborhood) also provide many of these services in an effort to make access to our records more convenient. All locations are closed on weekends and federal holidays.
To make a public records request online please click here.
In accordance with Florida Statue, a cost estimate will be provided for requests that require extensive research/duplication/review/ redaction. Requestor must agree to pay the estimate before fulfillment of the records request can take place.
|Record Search (Local Criminal History)
Statewide searches are provided by FDLE for a fee of $24. Click here for FDLE.
|$.15 for single page/or $.20 for two side page
*redactions may apply
|Traffic Crash, Offense, Arrest or Other Report
Traffic crash reports older than 2 years must be obtained from the DHSMV. Click here for DHSMV.
|$.15 for single page/or
$.20 for two sided page
*redactions may apply
|Fingerprinting (Please see below)
*Additional fees associated with any electronic fingerprints associated with an ORI Number.
- Ink Fingerprints
- Concealed Weapon Electronic Prints
- Name Change Electronic Prints
$5.00 per set/card
$36.25 per set
$45.25 per set
|Photograph 3.5" x 5"
|Photograph 5" x 7"
|Photograph 8" x 12"
|9-1-1 and Call Dispatch Printouts
|CD of an Electronic File or Audio Recording
|Calls for Service/Location Search Printout
||$.15 for single page/or
$.20 for two sided page
||To be determined
Crime scene photos will require review by detective prior to release.
Arrest Fraud Investigation – Anyone whose name was falsely used on a traffic citation or arrest and booking report has the option of requesting a fraud investigation. If the name was falsely used on a traffic citation, an affidavit must be obtained from the Traffic Violations Bureau.
If the name was falsely used on an arrest and booking report, a computer search is conducted in an attempt to determine a suspect. In both cases, fingerprints are taken and the Identification Unit will make a determination through fingerprint identification. Fingerprint cards are provided at no charge by JSO for fraud investigations and are available at the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office Headquarters, 501 E. Bay Street.
Electronic Fingerprint Services - Electronic fingerprint services are provided at JSO Headquarters in downtown Jacksonville or at one of the locations on the FDLE Authorized Fingerprint Providers List.
Please remember to bring two forms of Identification to the electronic fingerprinting site. At least one of the two types of indentification must contain a photograph and signature.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
- U.S. Driver's License
- State Identification Card
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Voter's Registration
- Consular Identification Cards (Foreign Nationals)
CASH, CHECKS, CREDIT CARDS or MONEY ORDERS are accepted.
The Public Records Unit may be contacted by telephone during business hours by calling 904.630.2209.
Custodian of Records: Agnes Carswell | 904.630.2209
Prescription Drug Drop Information
The drop box, provided by the National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators (NADDI), allows citizens to anonymously dispose of unused and outdated medications and prescriptions for proper disposal. The box is located at the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office Headquarters, Police Memorial Building, 501 E. Bay Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202 – Forsyth Street entrance.
- Only prescription and over-the-counter medications that are in a pill or patch form may be deposited.
- No loose pills may be deposited.
- Drugs must be in a container such as a pill bottle, box, blister pack, or zip lock bag.
- No liquids, gels, needles, aerosols, or biohazard materials may be deposited.
- Businesses, such as a clinic or pharmacies, wishing to dispose of unwanted stock are not permitted to use this drop box. These DEA registrants must follow Federal Regulation 21CFR1307.21 for disposal of unwanted stock.
- You are advised to scratch through or remove personal information from the label.
With the popularity of online marketplaces comes the challenge of “Where can I safely meet a buyer or seller for this transaction?”
Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office headquarters in downtown Jacksonville (501 E. Bay Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202) and JSO’s six substations conveniently located throughout the city provides multiple locations where you can conduct an exchange of legal merchandise.
Citizens are welcome to utilize any of the seven manned locations, either in the lobby or parking lot. All of the locations listed below are open for business from 8 a.m. to 5 a.m., Monday through Friday, with the exception of the Forsyth Street entrance of the Police Memorial Building which is open all day, every day.
The locations are:
- Police Memorial Building – Located at: 501 E. Bay Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Zone 1 Substation – Located at: Gateway Town Center, 5258-13 Norwood Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32208
- Zone 2 Substation – Located at: Regency Square Mall, 9501 Arlington Expressway, Jacksonville, FL 32225
- Zone 3 Substation – Located off of Prominence Parkway, 8875 Liberty Ridge Drive, Suite 110, Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Zone 4 Substation – Located at: Cedar Hills Shopping Center, 3726 Blanding Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL 32210
- Zone 5 Substation – Located at: Edward Waters College, 1767 Kings Road, Jacksonville, FL 32209
- Zone 6 Substation – Located at: Highland Square Shopping Center, 936 Dunn Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32218
The next time you need a place to conduct that transaction, think “Safer Transaction” and meet where JSO meets.
Secondary Employment/Hiring an Off-Duty Police Officer
Secondary Employment simply means that persons/businesses in the community may request to employ the services of a JSO police officer/supervisor in an off-duty capacity.
This privilege is extended to officers/supervisors in good standing and that have received approval from the agency prior to any off-duty work. Additionally, officers/supervisors who work in this capacity do so on a voluntary basis. Occasionally, the request for personnel to work exceeds the resources we have available due to these challenges the rate of pay may fluctuate.
If you have any questions regarding hiring an off-duty police officer, JSO’s Secondary Employment Office is open Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and may be reached at 904.630.1953.
Reading the PDF document(s) on this page requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader available free from Adobe.