Working as a civilian employee provides people the chance to serve their community in a number of ways. Civilians play a vital role in JSO’s success as a law enforcement agency.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Records and Identification Unit is a critical support function of the agency, providing records and information management systems and state-of-the-art identification services and technologies. The Records Unit consists of Records, Data Input, Warrants, Validations, Citation Accountability Units. Fingerprint technicians are assigned to the Identification Unit, which is a 24-hour, seven day a week operation. Fingerprint technicians are responsible for the electronic capture, searching and storage of biometric data (fingerprints, palm prints, photographs), recording arrest and/or processing data to updated local files.
SAMPLE OF AN EMPLOYMENT OPPORUNITY
Police Services Technician
As a Police Services Technician, you will perform a wide variety of non-sworn specialized, technical and general office duties in support of the police function. You may process offense and accident reports; process warrants; maintain police data; conduct name and criminal history searches through local, state, and national crime information systems; provide information to law enforcement agencies and others; enters information into manual and automated record keeping systems.
- Be at least 18-years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States of America
- Knowledge of alpha and numeric filing procedures
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of Sheriff's Office procedures and policies as relates to accident and offense reports, warrants and capiases
- Ability to use a radio, teletype, typewriter and other office equipment
- Ability to operate a personal computer using email, word processing and database applications
- IN ADDITION, the following areas may result in applicants being suspended from the hiring process: credit history including bankruptcy and collections; past drug use; inappropriate social media; driving history, work history; criminal activity and associations with known criminals; and inappropriate tattoos.
$2,570.51 a month
*Salary subject to change due to negotiations.
For more information please email JSOCivilianRecruiter@jaxsheriff.org or call 904.885.5518.
Important Information (November 9, 2018): We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are temporarily having issues accepting applications from yahoo.com email addresses. We ask that you please use a different email address while the issue is being addressed. Thank you!
*Reading the PDF document(s) on this page requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader available free from Adobe.