Work for Justice. Live with Honor.
Important Information: We are still accepting applications and still hiring for all planned classes, but screening is taking longer due to adherence with COVID-19 protocols. Please email JSORecruiter@jaxsheriff.org with any questions. Thank you for understanding.(Updated Wednesday, March 18, 2020)
Choosing a career with JSO means that you believe as we do:
Law enforcement is a calling for ethical and honorable individuals.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office offers employment opportunities in the following categories:
- police officer;
- corrections officer ($5,000 signing bonus, see webpage for additional details),
- community service officer (civilian position);
- court bailiff officer;
- police emergency communications officer (civilian position)
- auxiliary officer (volunteers);
- school crossing guard (As of Wednesday, February 3, 2021, there are vacancies in the following zip codes: 32205, 32210, 32244, 32209, 32207, 32220, 32254, 32246, 32221, 32245, 32277, 32233, 32211, 32259, 32258, 32224, 32257, 32258, 32216, 32217, and 32256)
- and various other civilian employment openings (Network Engineer I and Application Developer Level I)
We encourage each applicant to read the information, and if the principles of Working for Justice
and Living with Honor
calls to you, then begin the process of becoming a member of the JSO family.
Are you a veteran? Please click here to learn more
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office will be hosting Women in Law Enforcement Panel Discussions live on Zoom. The four part series will take place on Zoom the first four Mondays in March starting at 6:30 p.m. Advance registration is required.
Please click here to register for these events.
- On Monday, March 1st, JSO’s female recruiters will take to Zoom to discuss their personal career paths and talk about openings available at the agency.
- The following week on Monday, March 8th, citizens will have the opportunity to hear from members of JSO’s Department of Corrections and learn a little more about Corrections opportunities that are available at the agency.
- Then on Monday, March 15th, civilian members of the Sheriff’s Office will go live talking about their behind the scenes work at the agency. Panel members include employees from JSO’s Communications and Records sections.
- The four part series will conclude on Monday, March 22nd, with a panel discussion featuring JSO’s female police officers providing an inside look at their assignments at the agency.
Our recruiters are available to attend Virtual Job Fairs or have a one-on-one conversation with interested applicants to answer and discuss career goals.
If you are interested in having JSO participate in your company's Virtual Job Fair, please email JSORecruiter@jaxsheriff.org.
If you would like to setup a one-on-one meeting with a JSO Recruiter, please email JSORecruiter@jaxsheriff.org or reach out to one of our recruiters directly:
- Military Recruiter/Liaison, Senior Chief J. Fraley, ret. - 904.328.9169
POLICE/COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICER APPLICANTS:
- Corrections Officer B. Briceno - 904.803.6089
- Corrections Officer F. Williams - 904.476.5072
- Police Officer A. Latimer: 904.832.0238
- Police Officer L. Perez: 904.476.4715
Recruitment and Selection Office:
Northeast Florida Criminal Justice Training Center
4715 Capper Road, Building P, Jacksonville, FL 32218
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
The Consolidated City of Jacksonville and the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office are Equal Opportunity / Equal Access Employers. To read the Mayor's Statement please click here. For more information about Equal Employment Opportunity, visit www.dol.gov/dol/topic/discrimination/ or www.eeoc.gov.