Aligning with the City of Jacksonville’s emergency management plans, all Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office buildings will be closed to the public Tuesday, August 29 – Wednesday, August 30, and are expected to re-open at the regularly scheduled times on Thursday, August 31, 2023.
In addition, JSO's Department of Corrections is cancelling in-person public notary services and on-site video visitation for Wednesday, August 30 and Thursday, August 31. These services will resume on Friday, September 1, 2023, unless deemed otherwise.
The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office in conjunction with the City of Jacksonville would like to remind citizens to "Be Aware and Prepare!"
Citizens are reminded to:
- Have a plan.
- Safely remove debris from gutters and drains.
- Assemble an emergency kit to include important medications, water, food, batteries / flashlights and hygiene products to support you and your family.
- Have access to cash just in case. If the power goes out, ATMs and credit cards will not work.
- Fill up your vehicles with gas.
- Charge your electronic devices. Keep them charged up in case the power goes out.
- Bring in loose items from your porch.
Citizens are also encouraged to follow the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office on X @JSOPIO
or www.twitter.com/JSOPIO (you do not need an account to view this information)
for important instructions and/or updates from JSO before, during, and after the storm.
- Jacksonville Sheriff's Office – 904.630.0500 (Non-Emergency) and 9-1-1 (Emergency – TTY Services Available)
- City of Jacksonville – 904.630.CITY (2489)
- JEA – 904.665.6000
- Jacksonville Transit Authority (JTA) – 904.630.3100
- Northeast Florida Red Cross – 904.358.8091
- Florida Emergency Information Hotline – 1.800.342.3557
- Traffic Information - 5-1-1