On Monday, June 8, 2020, the Public Records Counter at police headquarters (501 E. Bay Street) reopened to the public following closures that were set in place by Mayor Curry’s Executive Order.
All services will be available at headquarters, including fingerprinting, which was suspended in mid-March at the onset of the coronavirus pandemic.
In an effort to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus the following precautions have been set in place:
- Citizens entering into any Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office facility will be asked to wear a mask throughout the duration of their visit.
- Masks are required for those individuals being fingerprinted at any JSO facility.
- All citizens will be subject to screening questions for signs of possible COVID-19 infection. Screening will involve the use of a noncontact thermometer.
- Individuals are asked to adhere to the floor markers at the public counters in an effort to maintain social distancing.
- Citizens will be directed on where to sit when waiting for services in the lobby.
- Citizens are also encouraged to come alone or in small groups so that distancing can be easily maintained.
Individuals are still encouraged to submit requests through JSO’s online portal by visiting jaxsheriff.org
and selecting “Public Records Request
” on the homepage under Frequently Used Links or by calling 904.630.2220
to speak to Public Records Personnel and arrange to pick-up a report.
For information on JSO’s property room
please call 904.630.8777
for specific instructions.
For information about JSO Correctional Facilities
please visit: https://www.jaxsheriff.org/Resources/Corrections-Facility.aspx
For information about JSO Substations
please contact the substation directly. A complete list of substation phone numbers and email addresses can be found here
Thank you for understanding.