Governor Ron DeSantis declared Friday, February 7, 2020 as "Crossing Guard Appreciation Day" in Florida.
Our Community Engagement Officers have recently recognized Anthony Chandler (Crossing Guard at Windy Hill Elementary); Helene Charles (Crossing Guard at the intersection of San Jose Blvd. / University Blvd.); and Geraldine Jackson (Crossing Guard at the intersection of Brandemere Rd. / Rogero Rd.) for their dedication to assisting children in traveling to and from school.
Crossing Guards are part-time employees who work two hours each day (one hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon) and are assigned to roadways near elementary schools throughout the city.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office currently has 22 Crossing Guards openings in Jacksonville. To apply please visit JoinJSO.com. If you have questions about the openings please call or email JSO's Community Engagement Office at 904.630.2160 or JSOCrossing.Guards@jaxsheriff.org.
- Alimacani Elementary
- Arlington Heights Elementary (two openings)
- Bartram Springs Elementary (two openings)
- Chimney Lakes Elementary
- Fishweir Elementary
- Greenfield Elementary (two openings)
- Greenland Pines Elementary
- Hendricks Avenue Elementary (two openings)
- Hogan-Spring Glen Elementary
- Holiday Hill Elementary
- Hyde Grove Elementary (one opening and an alternate position available)
- Kings Trail Elementary
- Love Grove Elementary
- Mayport Elementary
- San Jose Elementary
- Spring Park Elementary
- Susie Tolbert Elementary