Working as a civilian employee provides people the chance to serve their community in a number of ways. Civilians play a vital role in JSO’s success as a law enforcement agency. The following career choices are examples of the varied career paths available to a civilian:
- Account Clerk
- Accreditation Coordinator
- Auditor / Accountant
- Clerical Support Aide
- Fingerprint Technician Trainee
- Human Resources Specialist - Post end date: Sunday, April 11, 2021
- Information Systems Management (IT / Computer Support)
- Military Recruiter - Post end date: Monday, April 12, 2021
- Part-Time Service Maintenance - Post end date: Thursday, April 8, 2021
- Police Emergency Communications Officer (9-1-1 Call Taker and Dispatcher) - Post end date: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- Police Services Technician
- Public Safety Analyst
- School Crossing Guard (As of Tuesday, March 23, 2021, there are vacancies in the following zip codes: 32205, 32207, 32209, 32210, 32211, 32216, 32217, 32218, 32220, 32221, 32224, 32233, 32245, 32246, 32254, 32256, 32257, 32258, 32259, and 32277)
Civilian employment provides excellent benefits, exciting career choices, and unlimited training to further your career path.
As with all positions available with JSO, we hire only ethical people who feel a strong calling to serve the community. Requirements and the application process are dependent upon the position an applicant is pursuing. Educational requirements range from no diploma necessary, a minimum of two years customer service, a bachelor’s degree, or nine years of experience or a combination of education and experience.
JSO recruits civilians in one of two ways. Depending on the chosen career path you can locate open positions on the City of Jacksonville Human Resources website or by direct recruitment for the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office Department of Personnel and Professional Standards. We encourage you to search often, as opportunities change frequently.
If you are interested in learning more please email JSOCivilianRecruiter@jaxsheriff.org OR call JSO’s Human Resources Division at 904.885.5518 or 904.630.2134.
The following areas may result in applicants being suspended from the hiring process: credit history including bankruptcy and collections; past drug use; inappropriate social media; driving history, work history; criminal activity and associations with known criminals; and inappropriate tattoos.
The Consolidated City of Jacksonville and the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office are Equal Opportunity / Equal Access Employers. To read the Mayor's Statement please click here. For more information about Equal Employment Opportunity, visit www.dol.gov/dol/topic/discrimination/ or www.eeoc.gov.