Work for Justice. Live with Honor.
Choosing a career with JSO means that you believe as we do:
Law enforcement is a calling for ethical and honorable individuals.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office offers employment opportunities in the following categories:
- police officer;
- corrections officer ($5,000 signing bonus, see webpage for additional details),
- community service officer (civilian position);
- court bailiff officer;
- police emergency communications officer (civilian position) - Post end date: Tuesday, April 20, 2021
- auxiliary officer (volunteers);
- school crossing guard (As of Tuesday, March 23, 2021, there are vacancies in the following zip codes: 32205, 32207, 32209, 32210, 32211, 32216, 32217, 32218, 32220, 32221, 32224, 32233, 32245, 32246, 32254, 32256, 32257, 32258, 32259, and 32277)
- and various other civilian employment openings (Human Resources Specialist, Military Recruiter, Systems Engineer, Part-Time Service Maintenance, Senior Database Developer)
We encourage each applicant to read the information, and if the principles of Working for Justice
and Living with Honor
calls to you, then begin the process of becoming a member of the JSO family.
Are you a veteran? Please click here to learn more
Our recruiters are available to attend Virtual Job Fairs or have a one-on-one conversation with interested applicants to answer and discuss career goals.
If you are interested in having JSO participate in your company's Virtual Job Fair, please email JSORecruiter@jaxsheriff.org.
If you would like to setup a one-on-one meeting with a JSO Recruiter, please email JSORecruiter@jaxsheriff.org or reach out to one of our recruiters directly:
- Military Recruiter/Liaison, Senior Chief J. Fraley, ret. - 904.328.9169
POLICE/COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICER APPLICANTS:
- Corrections Officer B. Briceno - 904.803.6089
- Corrections Officer F. Williams - 904.476.5072
- Police Officer A. Latimer: 904.832.0238
- Police Officer L. Perez: 904.476.4715
Recruitment and Selection Office:
Northeast Florida Criminal Justice Training Center
4715 Capper Road, Building P, Jacksonville, FL 32218
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
The Consolidated City of Jacksonville and the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office are Equal Opportunity / Equal Access Employers. To read the Mayor's Statement please click here. For more information about Equal Employment Opportunity, visit www.dol.gov/dol/topic/discrimination/ or www.eeoc.gov.