How to File:
You may call the JHRC at (904) 630-4911 and request a Public Accommodations Questionnaire to be mailed, facsimiled (faxed) or e-mailed to you for completion. You may also complete and submit the Public Accommodations Questionnaire online. Your completed questionnaire will be assigned to an Assessment Specialist who will contact you to discuss the information provided and determine whether there is sufficient information to file a complaint. If there is sufficient information to file a complaint, an appointment will be scheduled for you to complete the assessment process and sign the appropriate forms and documents.
You may file a complaint in the JHRC office Monday through Friday (except legal holidays) between 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. You will be asked to complete the Pre-Interview Questionnaire and will be seen by the next available Assessment Specialist. The process takes approximately two hours.
Jacksonville Human Rights Commission
117 West Duval St., Suite 350
City Hall, St. James Building
Jacksonville, Florida 32202
Telephone: (904) 630-4911
Facsimile: (904) 630-4918
What to Expect and Bring:
- Parking is available by meter on a first come first serve basis. The meters accept quarters only for 30 minute intervals up to either 1 hour or 2 hours of parking depending upon the location of the meter.
- There are various parking facilities around City Hall, including, but not limited to, the Jacksonville Public Library parking garage located on the corner of Duval Street and Main Street at a cost of $3.00 for the first hour and a maximum of $10.00 per day. Enter the facility from Duval Street. Please feel free to explore other options deemed more suitable to your needs.
- A valid form of photo identification is required (state issued identification card or driver's license, military identification, passport issued by an appropriate authority).
- Provide any documentation in your possession that supports your complaint of discrimination.
- You will be expected to decide whether your complaint of discrimination goes through JHRC's conciliation/mediation or investigative process.
- Conciliation/mediation will be scheduled within 15 to 30 days of a complaint being filed.
- The Commission's investigative process typically takes a minimum of 100 days to complete.